Sunday, March 6, 2011

Reflections as I pack on this rainy Sunday...

As a reserved German Lutheran, I am not one to stand in the town square preaching the Gospel.  However, I can't help but to reflect on the fact that we land in Brazil to begin our mission on Ash Wednesday... the start of  Lent.

What a blessing it is to have the opportunity to spend the first 2 weeks of the most Holy Season in service to those in need.  The Offertory Prayer from the Lutheran Book of Worship reads "We offer with joy and thanksgiving what you have first given us – ourselves, our time, and our possessions, signs of your gracious love.  Receive them for the sake of him who offered himself for us, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

I am thankful that Rotary allows me to live out my faith in such a hands-on way.   2 more days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment